Free Mumia and All Political Prisoners:
Wednesday, 4/15, International Twitter/Media Storm & Phone Zap
Dear Mumia Supporters, Political Prisoner Supporters, Abolitionists, and Humanitarians,
Mumia Abu-Jamal—the father, husband and grandfather—is an internationally renowned US political prisoner, widely honored for his piercing indictments of the racial inequities and brutal imperialist powers of the US. Abu-Jamal was originally targeted for surveillance and “neutralization” when he was a 15 year-old spokesman for the Black Panther Party in Philadelphia, by the FBI. By the age of 26 Abu-Jamal was an award-winning radio journalist with a wide following, known as the “voice of the voiceless” and outspoken in his defense of the MOVE organization.
On December 9, 1981, Mumia saw a police officer assaulting his brother. When he approached the scene he was critically shot, brutally beaten by the police, framed for the murder of Police Officer Daniel Faulkner and, in a sham of a trial, sentenced to death. Abu-Jamal is innocent!!!
Now, in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, Mumia and countless other aging political prisoners are facing another death sentence, along with all the thousands of other aging, vulnerable and immune-compromised prisoners in Pennsylvania and across the country. We can’t let them be murdered in their cells by this inhumane medical neglect. Join with the International Concerned Family and Friends of Mumia Abu-Jamal (ICFFMAJ), the Free Mumia Abu-Jamal Coalition (NYC), Mobilization 4 Mumia, The Campaign to Bring Mumia Home, the Free Mumia Abu-Jamal Coalition – Bay Area and the many more organizers and activists in this International action to #FreeThemAll4PublicHealth!
Here’s the Plan –
1. NOW: Please share by email immediately to contacts & orgs, but Save Social Media posts and Phone Calls to the Target Contacts until 4/15 for our International Twitter/Media Storm and Phone Zap!
2. On 4/15: Share the four pics below to Twitter and other social media platforms, using the hashtags in the first pic (the one with Mumia’s pic)
3. On 4/15: Keep posting all day, with the hashtags in pic one. You can supplement your posts with the sample tweets below, or create your own, using the demands in pic two.
4. On 4/15: Make the calls to the Target Contacts in pic four, using the Phone Script in pic three. Report the results of your calls on your social media post.
5. On 4/15: Send emails to the Target Contacts, using the phone script and demands for the basis of your email.
Target names & contact info:
PA Governor Tom Wolf – @GovernorTomWolf; 717-787-2500
PA DOC Secretary John Wetzel – @CorrectionsPA; 717-728-4109
SCI Mahanoy Superintendent Bernadette Mason; 570-773-2158
Philadelphia DA Larry Krasner; @PhilaDAO; 215-686-8000; firstname.lastname@example.org
This post was updated on April 15, 2020. Graphcs were added.